All proceeds from the Give a Hoot for Self-Help Weekend support Waverly’s own nonprofit, Self-Help International. Self-Help works to alleviate hunger by helping people help themselves by empowering women, feeding children, training farmers, and bringing clean water to communities in need in Africa and Central America.
Where can I learn more about Self-Help’s mission?
Check out their website at www.selfhelpinternational.org
I can’t make it this year. How can I support the cause?
Make a tax-deductible donation online at Self-Help’s website or by following this secure online form: donate now.
What difference does my support make?
• $50 supports the micro-credit loan process
• $77 can provide one kindergartener a daily breakfast for a full academic year.
• $77 can establish one demonstration plot using SHI’s Quality Protein Maize seed.
• $88 can support one teen girls club member with reading and writing lessons for one year
• $350 can set up one community chlorine bank to maintain clean drinking water
What is Self-Help’s tax status?
Self-Help International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. EIN 42-0844679. Self-Help has been vetted by many charity watchdog organization and has earned Guidestar’s Gold Rating and GlobalGiving’s SuperStar Status. A copy of Self-Help’s W9 is available to corporate sponsors upon request.